Thursday, December 4, 2008

Advent by Candlelight

I had the most wonderful night Tuesday night. I attended an event at my sister's church called "Advent by Candlelight". We chatted with friends, drank lots of coffee and had wonderful desserts. And as if that wasn't enough we were blessed with 4 inspiring speakers.
My sister and I actually hosted a table and invited friends to join us for the event. Each person that hosted a table was responsible for setting there own table. I wanted to post some pictures of my table and some of the other tables. Every table was so different and it gave me a lot of ideas for holiday entertaining. I hope you are as inspired as I was!
Have fun getting creative!!

I loved having a chance to disply some of my designs! Click here for step by step instructions on making a centerpiece like the one above.


These are the ornaments I made for my guests to take home.
They looked beautiful hanging on the centerpiece!

Instead of using a typical place card I put a different scripture on each one. A saying or picture would be a great idea also. This is something you can do yourself on your computer with cardstock paper.

This table was beautiful drenched in chocolate brown and the topiary centerpiece was gorgeous! Click here for a closeup.

These amazing leaves came from a Magnolia tree. They are so festive!


No comments: